Thursday 12 July 2012

Dragged Into Sunlight - Hatred For Mankind

I first got into Dragged Into Sunlight a while ago when I kept hearing all this buzz about a black metal group from Liverpool here in the UK. They were pretty much being touted as the most brutal and unrelenting thing going, I was powerless to resist. I wasn't let down either, in fact, my expectation were exceeded. Aided by a grimy, lo-fi production, this record is grim, uncompromising and nasty. Not in any theatrical or gore-nonsense way either,  it's just straight up, no bollocks, hard black metal, but utterly devastating. They always play with their backs to the audience too, which I can't help but think is kinda cool. When this first came a couple years back it was CD only, but Mordgrimm have recently given it a vinyl release and put a lot of effort in. Thick cardboard gatefold, real high quality artwork print and hefty 180 gram vinyl. A run of 300 on white. The front cover to this is a bit NSFW, so it's one the kids won't be seeing sitting next to the record player for all to see for a while.









3 comments:

  1. I'll second that. I've also posted a link to your blog on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Madison
    maddie0147@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete